Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

RANDOM UPDATE

It has been over a week since my last post, and though it has been a busy time, there have not been any earth shattering developments here at HareBrainFarms.  Progress has been made on several long term projects, while maintenance and time with grandkids (the youngest only a couple of weeks old now) have taken up time here on the farm.

With my daughter and son-in-law living 2 hours away, a couple of trips to see them and the grandkids took time and money away from farm projects, but well worth it.  One must have priorities and spending time with my kids and grandkids pretty much tops my list.  I only wish they were closer so I could see them more.

Truck repair and maintenance has also taken a toll on the budget (both time and financial) recently.  The power steering pump has been on its way out for a couple of years and finally bit the dust.  There have also been a couple of tire replacements.  The truck being a necessary item, these things also end up high on the priority list.

On a more productive note, the deep canyon in part of my driveway, left over from the flood over a year ago, has received lots of rocks to fill the void.  Still a lot more work to finish the job but it is progressing.  I will make a post on it when it is finished, with photos and explanations.

Clearing of brush in some of the overgrown areas has been slowly happening, as well as necessary garden work and harvest (such as it is).  Hopefully next year will be a better year for the garden.

Cooking outside can be a hit and miss proposition in regards to the weather, so I have been working toward a shelter for my little cook area.  I recently traded for a portable garage, one of those that consists of a tubing frame with a covering stretched over it that they sell at Harbor Freight.  The cover is pretty worn but the frame is good and can be covered with a big tarp for my purposes, when the cover no longer keeps the rain out.  It has now been taken down and moved to my cook area and will soon be up and functional.  Another post with photos and explanation soon.

All in all, it has been a busy couple of weeks and though nothing significant got finished, several things are in the works.  Always plenty of things on the old to-do-list, but things are gradually being marked of and others added.

Also, I have finished retrieving all of my old posts which had originally been posted on another blog and will begin posting them here.  The first will be a 6 part series on self-sufficiency that I hope you will find informative and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment